Tuesday 26 May 2015

Three Stripe Negligence

  Unfortunately I write with regard to a matter of dissension. My partner placed an order under his joint VIP account on Adidas UK. Himself and a close friend regularly order from the company and opted to use a joint account to make this process easier; taking it in turns to stay up for late night/new releases. We pride ourselves on our loyalty to the brand and I am exceptionally disheartened with his recent experience.

  Having placed his order for the final edition to his 2015 Island Series collection just short of a fortnight ago we became a little concerned as to its whereabouts, having not received knowledge of a complication with the order, so looked into the former through the online account. In the order details his parcel's development was showing as 'shipped', he then had the option to 'track my order' through UPS where we noticed its status updates to be abnormal, saying our parcel had been out for delivery yet was left incomplete due to a lack of information and the last status concluding my parcel was being returned to sender. As I say, the only occasion we were made aware of this was through our own initiative to check the UPS website as Adidas, despite having an affiliation with the company, through the former being their chosen courier, had not concluded this was the case on our account. At this point my partner contacted UPS instantaneously as we had waited up to ensure he received a pair before the inevitable happened and Adidas sold out, but was informed the item was no longer in their possession, therefore the matter out of their control so attempted to contact Adidas.

  Having waited a fortnight (09/05/15) with no direct correspondence from a courier or the company, despite the latter having his email address, I rang their customer care line on Luke's behalf to draw light on the situation. After the initial greeting and exchange of our delivery number a customer representative 'Michael' began to change his tone, despite my patience and understanding in the matter, insinuating the mistake's onus was upon the consumer (Luke) rather than the company protocol, with no apology. We then asked that our purchase wasn't refunded and that we were reshipped the item with all relevant details in place, to be told we 'weren't allowed' and that this option was unnegotiable. Having had enough of this employees tone I insisted that I be put through to a superior, and was declined, as 'Michael' said there were no superiors in his field; I then asked my call to be forwarded to Head Office or that I could attain a contact number, to which he became incredulous and said 'customers don't get in touch with head office'. After much persistence I was given the number for Head Office in the Netherlands but searched online to see if their was a UK alternative: the search engine came up with Oxford Street, I presume due to it being their flagship store, I rang and was put in touch with a member of staff named Ron, who kindly gave us the director, Gil Steyaert's contact address: and, so far, here we stand.

  When placing the order Luke forgot to include his house number for delivery. Although his own rushed mistake, I do believe this is something the company should revise as any other online purchase would refuse placement if an address line is left incomplete. Despite our eventual knowledge of the former having not been included, the only email correspondence we received was that of the order's confirmation and a shipment notification. If as 'Michael' says, UPS returned package to the Warehouse, then why were we left unaware of this development?  I am shocked at the treatment I received from speaking to the Adidas customer care service and feel let down by the company as a whole. Luke, his close friend Simon have been continuously loyal customers over the years, hence having been upgraded to an exclusive Adidas account awarded primarily due to customer devotion, I feel that has been overlooked in this instance: the whole matter just seems a little unjust, seeing as it wasn't a matter of financial comeuppance. Considering Luke prides himself on achieving an entire collection/series as soon as they are released, it seems sad that he miss out on this occasion due to a fault that was avoidable: imagine how you'd feel if you'd ordered a limited edition lippy or thought you'd got the last festival ticket and missed out on it just because no one had the initiative to check all fields were complete on your delivery details! As I stated formerly, we have appealed against the refund and are awaiting Mr Steryaert's correspondence eagerly. I just urge that no one make the same mistake and miss out on the chance of owning something special to you, whatever that may be..

Melanie x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melanie. Thanks for following me on Bloglovin'. I've enjoyed reading your escapades. I hope you will take a moment to check up my travel adventures. Good luck with your blog and I look forward to reading what the future brings you.

    http://www.sketchesintravel.co.uk

    ReplyDelete