Thursday 14 May 2015

Get to Know me: Room Tour

  Hey guys, I've wanted to do a room tour for a little while now. I take a lot of pride in the overall appearance of my room and, in the past, have spent hours getting it just right! As you can see; I love pretty things and am very much a girlie girl so can completely understand if this post appeals only to a minority. I started by taking snaps with a camera but noticed the image quality did not show my room in true form, so took to my phone... I apologise in advance for my amateur pics!

  Okay so, the two photos to the right are of my dressing table/chest of drawers. I tend to use this area for doing my hair... I like it to remain uncluttered so keep mess to a minimum, keeping only my most prized possessions here; my Chanel skincare, memorable photos (my frame to the right in the first photo is a new addition from Laura Ashley and being kept for a special photo of the boy and I). Another recent addition to my room is my white brush pot to the left of the second image. I know these having been popping up all-over the internet on blogger's dressers, but I couldn't resist! They are so handy.. and very pretty!
 
 
Over to my pretty little corner..
 
  I love this spot! I use this area predominantly for doing my makeup as there's an abundance of mirrors facing me and cosmetics hidden away cleverly! As you can see, a collage has started to form to the left of my first, of three identical, mirror/s which consists of childhood memories and clippings from past days out I'm fond of, and the whole area is sort of shaded by a bohemian style drape I picked up in Camden. As I said previously, I'm not one for clutter, yet I can't help but keep my new turquoise Gazelles in prime position as they are a recent gift from the boy (Luke) and I still haven't gotten over them!
 
               
 
 
 

 I used to have my skincare, cosmetics, toiletries etc. spewed all over the place, but thought I'd try out a more organised approach to getting ready in the morning. starting from the left you have my essential toiletries (pain relief, Tampax & Bonjela); less used makeup brushes; hair and skincare (Clinique's clarifying lotion, dry shampoo, tinted moisturiser); front left you have my daily toiletries (toner, deodorant ect.); less used makeup; then finally my daily makeup. I find it so much easier having my products ordered like this as it's easier to spot empties or whether my little sister's pinched something that took her fancy!


  The following photos are pretty self-explanatory so I'll leave you to make of them what you will...








 









   I hope I didn't bore any of you too much with my little insight into the wonder which is my room. As I am writing this Luke has whined about how he wouldn't read
something along these lines, but I look at my room the same as some girls look at fashion: everyone wants to make something their own and I feel my personality is equally conveyed through my bedroom, as it would be an outfit.

♥ Let me know what you think, and whether you'd like to see more posts like this. I love hearing from you guys

Melanie x

5 comments:

  1. lovely blogpost x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your throw on your bed x

    TheEnglishRoseGirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sugar! It from a company affiliated with Not on the Highstreet. I've visited your blog and followed on bloglovin' xx

      Delete
  3. Cute room Melanie! Loving the blog posts so far keep them coming. :D

    -Much Love

    ReplyDelete