Saturday 16 May 2015

Life Update - Q&A

Hey guys, this post is mainly addressing those of you who have asked; feel free to skip it if you're not prepared to listen to me ramble...

  I cannot thank my follower base and loyal friends enough for keeping up to date with my weekly posts and listening whilst I explore pressing matters that I hold close to my heart. After great skepticism from my family as to whether I could cope with the criticsm occasionally received from doing so, I have decided to pursue my urge to create videos of similar content to my blog. To you this may not seem such a 'big' thing: sure, thousands of girls around the globe have similar aspirations and they bite the bullet without any question, but for me the thought of any backlash has remained a pressing concern. I struggle immensely with taking harsh criticism and mockery lightly, which hasn't been such a problem with my blog, but I feel the stigma attached to young girls today who express themselves creatively through film could have been too much for my anxiety.

  To answer the widely asked question: yes, I very much intend to stick at my blog as I feel just being able to express myself freely has done great things for my confidence. The response I have received from friends, family and just fellow bloggers has been astonishing and I am in debt to you all for making me feel as though my voice is heard without question. I felt weak when I started out as a blogger: I've always doubted my significance and felt my opinion was only called upon if my previous colleagues needed a new subject for derision, I feel now I have proved them, and myself, wrong. I'm taking each day as it comes and a vital part of doing so shall be publicating my progress, whether that be via video update or blog entry.

  I've also received quite a few questions with regard to what I'm doing with myself (college, work
etc.): I've actually just been offered a job at Superdry, Southampton and will be looking at a start 
date of around a week from now. My ambition here is to work my way up and take over the job
of store visual, as in my work experience I have been at my happiest when putting my creativity to good use. The overall appearance of the store is of a high standard for such a large floor plan,
which is in-line with my expectations when running a successful store, and I'm looking forward
to potentially exceeding what's expected of a simple sales girl..

Melanie x


No comments:

Post a Comment