Saturday 4 July 2015

Mademoiselle, Muchi Muchi or Not just a Pretty Face? How about all Three!?

  It has been brought to my attention my posts, of recent, have bared an element of inimicality, thus acknowledged I want to return to the original principle behind my page: to give an insight into my life, this negativity isn't an accurate portrayal of my quirky élan. So let's take a metaphorical U-turn and get back to the importance
of life: being pretty in pink!

  Since my first pay cheque I've been
embracing my inner princess. My parents have been separated from a young age, and therefore the predominant influence on my surroundings and lifestyle has been that of my mother's. This beautiful ascendancy speaks volumes for the person I have become, from Laura Ashley to Matalan, our home has been filled with eclecticism and taught Kitty and I a valuable life lesson 'It's not about how much it costs, it's how you use it' which we've enthused into our individual thriftiness.

  So here's my summer essential to effortless sublimity, and with names better suited to your favourite sorbet, it's a definite 'yes' from me! Essie is a brand first launched on the streets of Vegas in 1982 and has internationally found fame in recent years, with 'bikini so teeny' being voted 'the number one selling trend nail colour of all time'. My love for these pretty polishes stems predominantly from their easy application, due to a wide brush; and a thin opaqueness to the polish, making colour easily buildable and ever so adaptable!

  From left to right, the colours I opted for in my most recent purchase (above) are 'Mademoiselle', 'Muchi Muchi' and 'Not just a Pretty Face' all of which are very simple, but ever so girly, nudes. My favourite has to be 'Muchi Muchi' due to its pop of colour once built up by several coats: I think having a baby pink hidden away in your makeup bag is crucial... and real tan enhancer due to its pastelly contrast next to dark skin. 'Not just a pretty face' is a perfect everyday colour as its neutral mink tones are near enough exempt from a colour clash with any wardrobe choice, similarly to 'Mademoiselle' which is ideal for a quick fix, when on the go, as it's so sheerness allows for any chip or smudge to go unnoticed.

  The great thing about Essie is that Boots is one of its main stockists in the UK, and at £7.99 a bottle its worth getting those loyalty points rolling in if its to be a go-to brand for your mani-pedi! I tend to opt for Boots when it comes to replenishing a well-loved product, as it pays to be loyal: when I purchased this blissful trio I picked up a free pack of sample polishes by Essie as part of an existing promotional offer, and believe this propounds an incentive to extend an already existent collection through having the ability to try new shades you may otherwise lack inclination towards.

Melanie x

No comments:

Post a Comment